Seconds? Yes, please. Wow you're guests this Thanksgiving with this one-of-a-kind first course meal. Fill freshly carved pumpkins with pumpkin soup, top with a dollop of vanilla yogurt and garnish with roasted pumpkin seeds. Add some spice with nutmeg and cinnamon, and don't dig in until taking a moment to fully capture this soups tantalizing aroma.
By the way, how awesome are these patterned plate sets made of fabric? A couple months back I met a fabulous duo at a farmers market by the names of Jenna and Carolyn. They introduced me to their handcrafted selection of plate ware, all fully customizable to your liking. They have dozens of fabrics and plate shapes to choose from. They helped me design this set, and I'm so happy to finally get the perfect opportunity to show them off.
If you would like to purchase these nifty little treasures for your own collection you can reach Jenna & Carolyn at email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org, Orders can be placed through email. If you're a Connecticut local, you can meet Jenna & Carolyn and purchase on the spot at these upcoming craft fairs:
- Saturday Nov. 30: East Lyme High School East Lyme, CT hours: 10-3
- Saturday Dec. 7: St. Joseph's Church Chester, CT hours: 9-2
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- Dash of nutmeg
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt, vanilla
- 4 sugar pumpkins, hallowed
- Roasted Pumpkin seeds, to use as garnish
- Pita Bread
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Hallow out 4 sugar pumpkins to use as bowls.
- Lay pumpkin seeds on baking sheet and sprinkle with salt. Roast seeds in the oven until golden brown. While you've got your oven on, toast pita bread.
- Heat stock, pumpkin, salt, pepper, nutmeg, cinnamon, onion, and garlic. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 45 minutes uncovered. Stirring periodically.
- Pour soup into pumpkins and garnish with a dollop of vanilla yogurt and roasted pumpkin seeds. Serve with toasted pita slices.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Like what you see? Try these and let me know what you thought.
Comment below or contact me here!