INGREDIENTS FOR PUMPKIN PANCAKES
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 and 1/4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Dulce de Leche Sauce
- Chopped walnuts
DIRECTIONS FOR PUMPKIN PANCAKES
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, milk, melted butter, egg, and brown sugar. Whisk until mixture is at an even consistency.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Mix well to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk until blended evenly.
- Heat up a griddle to medium heat. Grease lightly if necessary.
- Use 1/4 measuring cup to ladle each pancake on the griddle. Cook until golden brown, flip to the other side, and cook until golden brown on the other side.
- Drizzled dulce de leche sauce over pancakes and serve with chopped walnuts.
INGREDIENTS FOR DULCE DE LECHE
2 cans of sweetened condensed milk
DIRECTIONS FOR DULCE DE LECHE
Note: Always make your Dulce de Leche at least 1 day in advance to allow it to completely dry.
- Open two cans of sweetened condensed milk and pour it into a large glass jar. Then, cover the jar with a flat lid. Don't screw on, just lay flatly over opening with small room from steam to pass through.
- Fill medium sized pan with water and add jar in it. Place on stove top on medium. The water level should be at or above the level of condensed milk. (See above.)
- Bring water to a boil and condense milk this way for a total of 1.5 – 3 hours, depending on the consistency you want to achieve. If you want a runny consistency, boil condensed milk for about 1.5 hours. If you want it very thick consistency, boil it for about 3 hours. After 1 hour of boiling, start mixing the sauce with a spoon every 30 minutes.
Making Dulce de Leche is very simple, but it is important to be in the kitchen during the whole process. It requires stirring every 30 minutes and adding boiling water as it evaporates. You also need to make sure that you do not screw the top lid to the jar – just let it loosely hang on top. This allows a little bit of air to escape. If you screw the top in, you risk creating too much pressure in the jar, which might lead it to explode and break. It also needs to be sealed in an air tight container. Give it at least 2 hours of cooling in room temperature and 5 hours of cooling in refrigerator after finished. It stores well for at least a month.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Like what you see? Try these and let me know what you thought.
Comment below or contact me here!